Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rift

Alice: So, you're going with her, then?

Daniel: No, I'm going to just completely abandon and let her wander off to college on her own. Of course I'm going with her!

Alice: You have got to be kidding me...

Daniel: Why? What's the problem?

Alice: You can't just keep this up, Daniel...

Daniel: Why not? You expect me to just leave the girl who saved my life?!

Alice: Look, I know that you owe her a lot and...she kept you safe, I get that, she helped you, I'm grateful for that. But...

Daniel: ...Alice please don't tell me you're jealous.

Alice: ...

Daniel: Oh, for fuck's sake!

Alice: Well, excuse me for being worried about us when you're ready to ditch me and run off with this girl...

Daniel: Did I ever say anything about leaving you? Ever?!

Alice: Look! I busted my ass, spent every damn day worrying about you while you were gone! And now you're finally back, and you just want to leave again.

Daniel: I never said I was leaving you! I just...Alice, please, don't do this.

Alice: Don't do what?!

Daniel: Make me chose.

Alice: Because it's going to be her, right?

Daniel: ...i don't know.

Alice: What?

Daniel: I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!

[Pause]

Daniel: Alice, I'm sorry...I love you, I do, I love you more than anything. Please believe that, but...I'm all she has right now. Her family doesn't know, none of her friends know, if I leave her...if I leave her, God only knows what will happen to her...I can't leave her, but I don't want to lose you. I...I missed you...you have no idea...I just...

[Pause]

Daniel: Baby, please, say something.

Alice: ...I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Daniel: Alice...

Alice: Please, Daniel, just...don't.

[Conversation ends]



I don't know why I'm posting this.

What have I done?

~Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment