Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

And Then Things Get Weirder

The other runner is gone. He left this evening. I can't say I blame him. Things got a little hairy on Saturday. You know who was popping up in broad daylight, still hovering around the other runner's house like a plague. Needless to say, so was I, which is part of the reason why I spent most of the day hiding in my room, reading, and trying not to have a meltdown.

The runner wasn't so fortunate. Saturday night he had to be dragged away from our front yard, where he was beating up one of the mini-trees by the house. It's a pretty skinny tree, and from a distance it probably would look like you know who. Still, you'd have to be a little crazy to completely confuse it for you know who. Then again, the other runner wasn't all there. And by "wasn't all there" I mean "absolutely screaming, raving nuts".

What really freaked me out was when I went outside to see what was going on. The runner looked right at me and started screaming, "You know! You've seen him too! You know and he's coming after you!"

I didn't sleep very well that night.

But this morning, the runner stopped by my house. He seemed perfectly sane, which was somehow creepier than him being insane.

The conversation (as near as I can remember it):

Runner: I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving.

Me: Uh...good?

Runner: I'm sorry about Saturday. I sort of lost it.

Me: It's okay. I mean, loosing it is perfectly understandable, all things considered.

Runner: Well, I just wanted to say "good luck". You're going to need it.

Me: Look, I told you, I'm not being followed by him. Honest.

Runner: But you've seen him. You know. You should be careful anyway.

Me: Well...thanks for the advice, I guess.

Runner: Well, that's all. Goodbye.

Me: Bye. [I closed the door, then remembered something and flung it back open] Wait! What's your...?

But it was too late. He was already gone.

I haven't seen you know who again since the other runner left, so I'm guessing he went after the other runner. The fact that my cold has let considerably supports this (if my theory about his prescience making it worse is correct, anyway).

I hope the other runner will be okay.

~Alora

Happiness Aid of the Day: Sing it with me now: Na na na na na na na na na na na...

No comments:

Post a Comment