Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Happened Yesterday

Alice showed up at my place. She looks different than she does in the pictures Daniel has. Older. Hair's darker. But I digress. She thought the same thing I was thinking: that somehow Slender or one of his goons lured Daniel out with some kind of a projection of her then ran off with him. There's a mini-forest near where I live, so that was the first/most obvious place to look. So we drive down there, start looking. For a while, we don't find anything, but then...

There...there was this clearing with a old, mostly-dead tree in the middle. And...Daniel, he was just...slumped against it, impaled by...they looked like railroad nails, but they were freaking huge...and...there was so much blood...

And...Slender Man was there.

Just...standing there. Watching us.

But he didn't do anything. I don't think Alice even saw him at first; she just ran for Daniel. But he didn't try to stop her. He didn't try to stop me either. He just watched. We managed to get him down, but he didn't wake up. He was just...lying there. Covered in blood.

Alice...Alice was freaking out. I can still remember it..."Daniel? Daniel, baby, please, wake up. Come on, baby...it's me, it's Alice. Come on, wake up, please, wake up..."

Me, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Slender hadn't done anything, but he was there, and that's never good. He just...watched us go. Didn't do anything. Didn't move.

But...as I glanced over my shoulder as we left...it felt like he was saying, "This was a warning. You got off easy this time.

"Not next time."

...Anyway...we (actually, Alice, I had to go home before dark hit and my parents wondered where I was) got him to a hospital, but I have no idea what Alice said when they (inevitably) asked her about what the hell happened. She texted me today to say that he's still unconscious but they stitched him back up. He...he should be okay, unless something goes wrong. And she's not leaving him.

...I just wish I could be there.

Daniel, if you die on me, I'm going to kick your ass when I see you in the afterlife (whenever that happens).

~Alora

1 comment:

  1. -hugs tightly- It's not sadness or pain that's the worst feeling in the world, it's helplessness. And no matter how many times you feel it, it never stops sucking.

    ReplyDelete